Monday, October 22, 2007

Travel Insurance: Do you really need it?

Do you really need to get travel insurance for your vacation? The simple answer is that it is totally up to you. However, there are inexpensive options for insurance that are available. I used Insuremytrip.com. Other online travel insurance companies are Travelex and Travel Guard.



Based on a 2 week vacation, the insurance policies start at about $14. Some policies cover lost or delayed baggage and emergency evacuation expenses, while others only cover emergency medical expenses. Luckily I have never had to use my policy, so I don't have any personal knowledge as to filing a claim. However, travel insurance is a low cost for the piece of mind you get in knowing you are covered in the event of an emergency.

1 comment:

Adrianne Molin said...

I never tried to have a travel insurance on my trips before, thanks for this post though.

tourist spots in the Philippines |
top tourist destination in the Philippines