Saturday, June 22, 2013

NYC: Budget Bites

Are you planning a trip to New York City and want the full experience without the hassle of all of the expenses? You certainly don't want to skimp on the dining, but you don't want to break the bank? There are so many great finds in NYC that will keep you smiling & amazed! Here are a few of my favorites. 

Gray's Papaya is always a staple. For a few bucks, drop by & grab a dog. Don't forget the onions - something special about them that really makes that dog! There are several locations, so just check your smart phone and I'm sure there will be one nearby.


Another favorite is Corner Bistro at 4th &  Jane. They are known for the simplicity of their menu and their killer burgers and fries. Nothing fancy, but a great old-fashioned house made burger. You may have to wait in a line, but it is worth the experience. And don't forget to etch your name in the table!


Another one of my favorites, and yes it is a franchise, is White Castle. There is nothing better than a tiny little burger to make you smile. Every time I am on the East Coast, I have to grab these little bites, at least once!


You cannot go to New York City without having the traditional slices. I'm talking about those pizza slices that are bigger than your head! So huge you have to fold in two just to manage them. And Koronet's Pizza is my favorite place to get these. I always go for the cheese pizza, but the pepperoni does not disappoint either. Again, nothing fancy, but the best slices I have ever had! And if you are into the touristy NYC diners, the diner where Seinfeld was filmed is just across the street from my favorite Koronet (2848 Broadway).


Some other great places, without breaking the bank, is Katz's Deli, which is known for a certain scene in "When Harry Met Sally" and also for their off-the-charts deli sandwiches - pastrami is my go to. Enjoy!

No comments: